Saturdays

>> Sunday, December 13, 2009


It's been really hard to adjust to having baby number two and husband being in medical school. I find myself in some sleep deprived haze. I don't go down into the cold basement and sew anymore because it is a little too cold for baby Mark. I have to start making money though I've decided. At times I've thought I could use just a little bit of luck. then I thought about how I always used to give people paper cranes for luck. I started it after I read a story about how they are lucky. I read a book about a girl with cancer who tried to fold 1000 cranes so she would get her wish to be cured of cancer. It was a really touching story to see her continuing to hope. Everyone could use a little hope sometimes- including me. I folded some paper cranes and listed one for sale in my shop. I love happy colorful paper and I find myself buying more than I actually use. Origami paper is always a joy because it comes in so many colors. I love all the designs. Paper cranes can be used to send someone a little luck in a card or to make a mobile and even to decorate at a wedding. In Japan it is a tradition to make a string of 1000 of them for a couple who is getting married. This string represents a long life together.
Just a little bit of colorful happiness you can buy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

front page

About This Blog

I am a stay at home mom with a little bit of a fabric habit. I like selling things on etsy to see if other people like the same things I make. I have two adorable kiddos and my husband is in medical school. So when the children go to bed and husband is still away studying, I use my lovely pfaff and bring myself to cut up the fabric I adore so much.
This blog helps motivate me to get things done.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP