Treasury Challenge

>> Friday, June 4, 2010

Welcome to the weekly treasury challenge from Claire and Janae. I assign an item and you make an etsy treasury with that item.
I made an example for this week. I try it out and IT IS HARD- thanks everyone for trying it is really hard to do this. Here is my treasury with this week's item.
Last week's winner was FactoryGirlAshli. She makes fantastic treasuries and has a blog and another blog making one treasury a day. She is also active on twitter but you have to request her. So fabulous she is private. Maybe someday I will be cool enough to go private. not today though.
If you are my favorite treasury I send you a gift card for $15.00 to iTunes. If more than 25 people enter the prize goes up in value, especially if people start following my blog and my twitter and stuff. end shameless self promotion...

This Week I am featuring a classy pair of earrings from the shop of another great Twitter friend Jaros Designs. I really like the color. I went to twitter and searched for my name and found out I was in her treasury. I know a lot of awesome twitter friends who have included my items and it makes me smile. I have a few items planned for the next few weeks but I still love suggestions. She makes bridal jewelry which I love even though I am already married. Weddings are my favorite. Check out her shop here. If this item sells out feel free to feature anything from her shop to be included in the challenge.

from her description
Dripping sterling silver and sea green chalcedony swing and sway like a summer breeze.

Figure eight sterling silver chain and faceted, stacked seafoam chalcedony drop from sterling ear posts. Lightweight and breezy, but dripping with luxury. They would also make a lovely bridal accessory.

All items ship in a lovely gift box - perfect for giving or treating yourself.

Earrings measure just under 60mm from ear posts.

Don't miss the matching Ocean Droplet Necklace http://www.etsy.com/listing/46199986/ocean-droplet-pearl-seafoam-chalcedony

and from her profile:

Welcome to Jaros Designs! I started making jewelry for Christmas presents and enjoyed it so much that I never stopped! I love to work with gemstones and precious metals, but I also like to create beautiful jewelry for every budget.

I often get my inspiration from the color combinations found in nature – where I think they are closest to perfection, but I also have a degree in Art History which provides me with a foundation in style and design.

My business grew out of a passion – I love making jewelry and I hope that's reflected in each and every piece I create. I stand behind all my work – if something should need repair or alteration I will do everything to make sure you are delighted with your purchase.


are you ready for the challenge?
  1. Go to the Treasury page of Etsy HERE and make a treasury with ANYTHING, as long as these great earrings are included.
  2. Put "Treasury Challenge" somewhere in the title of the treasury.
  3. COMMENT with your link to the treasury, or send it to my etsy account claireandjanae) I am super excited to see what people will come up with. If your email address is in your ID it will be easier to contact you to say that you won.
- if your treasury makes front page you win a ten dollar gift card in addition to other prizes from this competition.

MULTIPLE TREASURIES ARE ALLOWED. and encouraged. You can feature this item to your hearts content.
Please refer people- tell them to say you sent them. If the winner mentions your name you will also get a the same prize they do.

The winner will be selected by me and contacted Thursday the following week. Unless I am slow like I was this week.
Want to suggest a featured item? Convo me on etsy!

10 comments:

Jaros Designs June 4, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

This is such a great idea! Thanks so much for featuring my earrings!

factorygirlashli June 4, 2010 at 8:20 PM  

Here's mine! :)

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c09c09544f06d916c7ad664/oceans-should-be-clean-not-oily-13

Sabrina (Riyah-Li Designs) June 4, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

I was brought here by factorygirlashli This was fun! Here is mine: http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list_west.php?room_id=100296

Cassandra Watsham June 4, 2010 at 10:48 PM  

Hi there! Happened upon a few Treasuries with this challenge, and thought I'd give it a go! What a great idea, and what fantastic earrings!

Here's my Treasury Challenge: Mermaid!
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c09e4d076798eef942fdf9d/treasury-challenge-mermaid

Good luck to everyone!

SarahJean June 5, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

Awesome idea. Here is mine:

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c0aecae38f76d9155f74380/a-curious-cat-and-molecular-biology

Jess June 6, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

Here's mine :)
"Some Enchanted Evening"
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c0c090f68f48eef96e6e421/some-enchanted-evening-treasury

I heard about this last week from factorygirlashli on Twitter!

Jess June 6, 2010 at 2:22 PM  

Had to do another one :)
South Pacific
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c0c109338f76d91f53b5780/south-pacific-treasury-challenge

Thanks :)

Lisa June 6, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

Here's mine
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c0c385938f76d91d9105b80/you-have-an-invitation-to-a-summer

Rachelle Sharp June 7, 2010 at 6:18 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
You're That Girl Designs June 7, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

here's mine: http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c0dcb5bbd348eef395c9667/treasury-challenge

yourethatgirl@gmail.com
www.yourethatgirldesigns.etsy.com

Post a Comment

front page

About This Blog

I am a stay at home mom with a little bit of a fabric habit. I like selling things on etsy to see if other people like the same things I make. I have two adorable kiddos and my husband is in medical school. So when the children go to bed and husband is still away studying, I use my lovely pfaff and bring myself to cut up the fabric I adore so much.
This blog helps motivate me to get things done.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP