What I Made Today: Month Challenge Day Seventeen

>> Sunday, August 8, 2010



Well today I made a blanket. it can fit on a twin sized bed. The only twin sized bed in our house lives in the baby room. Yes it is half of a DI bunk bed. Some people ask me to make these blankets that are larger. I don't think they realize how expensive that would be- how much would you charge for a blanket that cost you 90 dollars to make? and for a twin sized bed? The fabric isn't really that wide so I don't know how it would look on a queen sized bed. maybe I'll try it some day. But for the same amount I could buy myself a cheap serger so....
Some of the coolest item have a pretty hefty upfront investment.
Also why I don't usually post larger quilts- I don't have my own machine quilter so it would cost a million dollars to buy one- I have to pay tons o money to get something quilted. So I always end up giving quilts away to friends.
The nicest present ever.

1 comments:

Jess August 8, 2010 at 8:19 PM  

Seriously! That nice minky fabric is NOT CHEAP!!

Here's my day 11:
http://ellabelleboutique.blogspot.com/2010/08/day-11-autumn-leaves-berries-necklace.html

Sad to see summer go, but glad that we don't go straight into winter...!!

Post a Comment

front page

About This Blog

I am a stay at home mom with a little bit of a fabric habit. I like selling things on etsy to see if other people like the same things I make. I have two adorable kiddos and my husband is in medical school. So when the children go to bed and husband is still away studying, I use my lovely pfaff and bring myself to cut up the fabric I adore so much.
This blog helps motivate me to get things done.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP