Month Challenge: Day Two: Pillows

>> Friday, July 23, 2010



Today I made some pillow covers. I made them for my sister Claire. She ordered pillow covers from me on etsy and then bought drapes that didn't actually match. I ordered fabric the day I saw the drapes but it still hasn't arrived from quilthome.com. I like quilthome- they have a huge selection of fabric. I can usually find most fabric cheaper somewhere else but I wanted the Amy Butler lotus fabric in blue and some of her homedecor fabric from the Nigella line and they had both. I get so used to fabric.com delivering in no time and gloriouscolor has it's physical location a few hours from here so I get fabric from them really quickly as well. Quilthome also has an awesome design cart feature where you can see pictures of the fabric you are buying in the shopping cart to the right of where you are browsing. LOVE. While I was waiting for some fabric Claire liked I decided to make up some pillow covers in fabric I already had.

I think the ones I made today will match her house but I really just want to list them for sale on etsy lol. Maybe when her custom fabric comes she will like it better but I will still tell her about this stuff.
They are sized 16 inches and 20 inches and have an envelope style enclosure. The pillows use Amy Butler Nigella fabric. I have more fabric cut out to make other pillow covers... maybe tomorrow!

what did you make today? please post your link I would love to see what you made!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

front page

About This Blog

I am a stay at home mom with a little bit of a fabric habit. I like selling things on etsy to see if other people like the same things I make. I have two adorable kiddos and my husband is in medical school. So when the children go to bed and husband is still away studying, I use my lovely pfaff and bring myself to cut up the fabric I adore so much.
This blog helps motivate me to get things done.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP