Month Challenge: Day One- the Fox Shirt

>> Thursday, July 22, 2010


One of my friends gives herself challenges every month: one month she worked out every day. Another month she visited at least one friend every day. This month I am going to start my challenge. The first challenge: I will make one thing every day.
I will post photos on the blog: all right each item will be one day behind since I will probably make it at night and post it the next day. I love making things and slow and steady is a good pace I've found.

THE CHALLENGE: can you make one thing every day? I will be making daily posts about what I've made- please post your link in the comments. I am dying to see what you make every day this month!


What I made last night: a fox applique onesie. There have been so many fox treasuries on the front page (you know one of the first was about 8 weeks ago for a treasury challenge). I thought I should make a fox shirt and the Kaffe Fasset fan flowers fabric I have seems perfect for it. I drew the outline of a fox on the back of interfacing, then ironed it onto the fabric. I cut out the fabric and ironed that to a shirt, then stitched around it with a double stitch to keep it on. The edges will fray a little with washing so it looks like a puffy fox. The fox wraps around the shirt so it's tail is on the back. I can make lots more of them- so if you want a different size onesie you can buy the shirt in my etsy shop and write what size you want at checkout.
Find the fox HERE.


What did you make today?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

front page

About This Blog

I am a stay at home mom with a little bit of a fabric habit. I like selling things on etsy to see if other people like the same things I make. I have two adorable kiddos and my husband is in medical school. So when the children go to bed and husband is still away studying, I use my lovely pfaff and bring myself to cut up the fabric I adore so much.
This blog helps motivate me to get things done.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP