Thursday Three: Some Dear Etsy Sisters

>> Thursday, October 21, 2010


My Madsen Sister
The Zebra Serving Bowl from Magnoliapottery makes me smile. I love how my sister in law can make pottery. She has her own little studio and even teaches pottery lessons. She's made me two teal pieces which I love and I think this bowl is great- zebra prints are so hot right now and the idea of having it in pottery would be fantastic.
from Brooke's Shop Description:

I have been doing pottery for about 12 years now. I started throwing pots in high school and it came very naturally to me. I have taken many courses since then and I now have my own little studio in my home where I also teach classes. Creating pottery is my passion. It relaxes me and brings me back to myself. I love getting all messy and creating something unique that reflects a little of my personal style. I love the whole process! All of the pottery is fired to either cone 6 or cone 10 depending on it's glaze. They are stoneware pieces which means built to last. They hold water and are microwave, dishwasher and food safe. There is no lead used in the clay or glaze. I hope you find a special piece that you would like to buy. Please email me with any questions or comments at brookemadsen [!at] gmail.com. If you would like an item gift wrapped, email me and I will happily do that with no charge. ask me about wholesale pricing for large orders!



My New Sister: EllaBelleBoutique
The Hepburn Necklace Vintage Prism Jewel Classic Hollywood Glam necklace is beautiful. Everyone needs fun necklaces. I love being friends with Jess who runs this great shop. My sister Rachelle wants like everything from her shop for Christmas. I love chatting with her on twitter. I don't know how we started talking but it just happened one day and she is fantastic. She is on the LDS etsy team with me and she is pretty involved an on top of things. like all things.
We are even facebook friends now and not just the type that you want to see what they look like now that high school is over- but people you actually care about.


My Older Sister: Shelleanne

Rachelle's Morning Light Lavender Bobbies would look so fun in my hair. She is my sister and she is great. She introduced me to Etsy and I actually help her take her pictures. I think I am her biggest etsy fan ever. I love having a little pop of color in my hair.
I have all sorts of fuzzy feelings about how etsy has brought us together- we didn't talk for years after living together in college. Then I moved to PA with a little baby and needed a friend. My sister and I started talking on the phone about me possibly selling things online. We talked every day. I'm glad we had something to talk about and feel like etsy brought us back together.

I love my sisters

2 comments:

Rachelle Sharp October 22, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

I LOVE it! Thanks for including me - it really made my day! You're the best and I'm glad Etsy did actually bond us!

Jess October 22, 2010 at 1:40 PM  

You are the best, Janae! I like your sister a lot too :) I'm glad we somehow ended up talking. I don't even remember how, but I'm glad that we can be twitter/Etsy friends!!!! Maybe someday I will actually post on my blog, then I will write about you--mostly so I can become famous.

Post a Comment

front page

About This Blog

I am a stay at home mom with a little bit of a fabric habit. I like selling things on etsy to see if other people like the same things I make. I have two adorable kiddos and my husband is in medical school. So when the children go to bed and husband is still away studying, I use my lovely pfaff and bring myself to cut up the fabric I adore so much.
This blog helps motivate me to get things done.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP